‘Lordswood 4th Team, widely recognised as the pinnacle of cricketing excellence. Home of the old, young and athletically challenged who talk a far better game than we actually play.
We play an unorthodox style vaguely resembling cricket, proper cricket shots coming more by luck than judgement which are tolerated in moderation.
If you're looking for a new and exciting excuse to get drunk afterwards, look no further - we have everything you need!
2018 will be my 2nd year as captain, 3rd year at the club. I'd have to sum it up as a delicate balance of experience and youth with a sprinkling of rugby players and seasoned drinkers.
Proud new co-tenants of the newly named C.G. Oval with the 3s, albeit with much slower bowling than them, less runs scored and considerably more catches dropped.’
Jon Hills, 4XI Capt
We thought we’d get to know the 4XI Captain Jon Hills and the team a little better by asking him a few questions. Here are his answers:
1.Favourite cricket player - Shane Warne
2.Favourite food - all of the above, I don't discriminate against any food group. I'm an equal opportunity eater.
3.Funniest moment at Lordswood CC - Crashing a wedding at the Kent League awards dinner. Allegedly.
4. Biggest LCC achievement - its a toss up between the 4s captaincy and eating an oversized cupcake in one go... It's really too close to call.
5. Grumpiest player in your team - a photo finish between Del and Smarty!
6. Worst haircut in the team - Ash "I can't see when I bowl" Lucas
7. Slowest to the bar – Smarty
8. Fastest on the pitch - James Carroll
9. Why you play for LCC - turned up for rugby training, was cricket on instead, stayed for the tea and the rest is history.
10. Your ambition for the team - world domination. Failing that, a much overdue promotion!